MWHG VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
Where: The Manhood Peninsula, West Sussex
When: All year
Why we need you:
To assist in raising the profile of the MWHG, growing awareness of our work to encourage and support people from across the Manhood Peninsula to participate in wildlife conservation activities.
A volunteer Community Fundraising Team Leader, coordinating and supporting a voluntary Fundraising Team, is essential to enable the MWHG to raise vital funds for wildlife and heritage conservation projects, general funds and marketing and promotional activity.
What’s in it for you:
This is an excellent chance to make a genuine contribution to conserving wildlife and heritage and inspiring others. You will learn about the work of the MWHG, have the flexibility to volunteer when and where suits you, be part of a friendly team and have the opportunity to put your skills to use as well as develop new ones.
- Communicating with, and coordinating, the volunteer Community Fundraising Assistants in activity which will generate both unrestricted and project focussed funds.
- Supporting the voluntary Fundraising Team, being their main point of contact, ensuring timely communications and providing leadership.
- Creating and organising innovative ways of raising funds for the MWHG and encouraging others to fundraise on our behalf such as: developing events, networking with local businesses, supporting local people who are keen to fundraise for us, utilising social media, helping us to developing online giving and even identifying grant opportunities and writing bids.
- Associated administrative tasks.
- Assist with any other duties as reasonably requested.
Training and expenses: All volunteers will receive appropriate training and out-of pocket expenses will be reimbursed as necessary
Contact: Leanne Clements, Community Conservation Project Officer
T: 07798 618575
All these arrangements are binding in honour only and not intended to be legally binding.
The Manhood Wildlife & Heritage Group is a local charity working to care for and celebrate the wildlife and heritage of the Manhood Peninsula.
Good ambassador for MWHG
|Excellent organisational skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Effective and proactive
|Experience of remote/home
Experience of working with teams
|Experience of team / volunteer
Experience of fundraising
|Keen to learn
Used to working on own initiative
Ability to deal sensitively and
professionally with personnel issues
|Confident in engagement with
|Personality||Positive and enthusiastic
Approachable and friendly
Sensitive and tactful
|Interests||Committed to the conservation of
our natural heritage
|Local knowledge of and interest in
community activity across the
|Equipped to work from home
Attendance at the Selsey office,
meetings and events across the
Manhood Peninsula as required
Driving license and vehicle
The Manhood Wildlife & Heritage Group is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes all applications for volunteer roles.