To celebrate 20 Years of The Manhood Wildlife and Heritage Group, we are hosting a photographic competition to capture the best of our wonderful Peninsula!
The competition will be open to receiving photo entries from July 16th to August 12th
There are 4 themed categories in total, and entrants can send in up to one photo per category, for their age range. Photos must capture wildlife, heritage, or a landscape of the Manhood Peninsula and be taken on the Manhood Peninsula*
- Wildlife Category (16+ years)
- Heritage Category (16+ years)
- Landscape Category (16+ years)
- Your Local Nature Category (Under 16’s age group, includes photos of wildlife, landscapes or plants)
5 winners will be chosen in total. An overall winner will be selected for the best photo received across all categories and a winner of each category will be chosen as runners up. Up to 20 photos will be selected to be shown in exhibitions, alongside the 5 winning photos.
Prizes to be awarded:
Overall winner: £100 cash prize
Each category winner: £50 cash prize
The winners will be announced on the week of the 20th August
How to enter:
Photo entries can be uploaded through the competition form, below. Entries can also be tweeted to us on our Twitter page or posted onto our Facebook page. Entries entered via social media must name the category being entered and include the hashtag #MWHG20, to be counted.Entry to the competition is subject to the following Terms and Conditions*
- Entry is free and open to all
- Each entrant may enter one image per category in the competition (if multiple photos are received from an individual in one category, the first photo will be entered only).
- Entries should be in digital format and may be in portrait or landscape format.
- Entries must be .jpg files of no more than 25 MB (Mega Bytes) in size.
- Photographs can be entered on our website’s competition page. Please include your name and contact details. Files should be given a title. Your details will not be passed on to any third party.
- Entries can also be tweeted to our Twitter page or posted on our Facebook page, including the hashtag #MWHG20. Winners will need to be available to be contacted, via the social media platform they entered their photo, for full contact details during the week starting August 13th.
- We reserve the right to use your entry for publicity purposes, in our written material and on our online platforms, for up to five years from the opening date of the competition. You will be notified if your photo is due to be shown in an exhibition.
- All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them, otherwise entrants must ensure that photographs do not infringe the copyright of any third party.
- All images must be taken on the Manhood Peninsula and entrants must be able to indicate where it was taken. Images of wildlife must be taken in their natural environment or habitat. Images of wildlife taken in captivity, domesticated or restrained in any way will not be eligible, neither will images of species that have been artificially cultivated or reared.
- The welfare of the wildlife subject of any photograph is of great importance – entries that show evidence of undue disturbance or stress caused by the photographer will be disqualified. Please take care to avoid damage to the environment in the process of your photography.
- Digital adjustments to photos are not acceptable.
- Judges appointed by the MWHG, but who will be selected for impartial representation, will choose the winners who will be notified and a list of the winning entries will be shared on the MWHG website and social media pages. The decision of the MWHG on all matters relating to the Competition is final and no correspondence may be entered into.
- All entries are sent at the photographer’s risk. MWHG regret they cannot accept liability for any loss or damage of any images entered into the Competition.
- The opening date is the 16th July. The Closing date is the 12th August. Entries received before or after this date will not be counted.