MWHG VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
Where: The Manhood Peninsula, West Sussex
When: All year
Why we need you:
To assist the MWHG team in encouraging and supporting people from across the Manhood Peninsula to participate in wildlife conservation activities.
Supporting and empowering local communities to take ownership of their environment, we believe, is a sustainable model for managing local wildlife sites.
What’s in it for you:
This is an excellent chance to make a genuine contribution to conserving wildlife and heritage and inspiring others. You will learn about the work of the MWHG, have the flexibility to volunteer when and where suits you, be part of a friendly team and have the opportunity to put your skills to use as well as develop new ones.
- Communicating with, and coordinating, work party volunteers to attend practical sessions at determined locations.
- Supporting the voluntary work party team/group, being their main point of contact, ensuring timely communications, guidance and support.
- Leading small groups of volunteers and supporting them to deliver a range of wildlife habitat management activities, as required at particular sites.
- Project management and oversight, basic training provision, risk assessment and ensuring the safety of volunteers and members of the public at all times.
- Supporting identification of ongoing conservation requirements of particular sites and new ideas.
- Developing knowledge of the work of the MWHG, be able to promote this to group members and interested members of the public.
- Communicating with staff and other volunteers to provide work party feedback.
Training and expenses: All volunteers will receive appropriate training and out-of pocket expenses will be reimbursed as necessary
Contact: Leanne Clements, Community Conservation Project Officer
T: 07798 618575
All these arrangements are binding in honour only and not intended to be legally binding.
The Manhood Wildlife & Heritage Group is a local charity working to care for and celebrate the wildlife and heritage of the Manhood Peninsula.
Good ambassador for MWHG
|Excellent organisational skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Effective and proactive communicator
Up to date relevant tools/equipment certificates would be an advantage
|Experience of team / volunteer management
Experience of working with relevant tools and equipment
|Habitat management/practical conservation experience Experience of remote/home working
Experience/awareness of relevant health and safety requirements
|Keen to learn
Used to working on own initiative
Ability to deal sensitively and professionally with personnel issues
|Confident in engagement with diverse audiences|
|Personality||Positive and enthusiastic
Approachable and friendly
Sensitive and tactful
|Interests||Committed to the conservation of our natural heritage||Local knowledge of and interest in community activity across the Manhood Peninsula|
|Attendance at events across the Manhood Peninsula as required
This role involves working outdoors for long periods, and handling tools and equipment
Driving license and vehicle
The Manhood Wildlife & Heritage Group is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes all applications for volunteer roles.