MWHG VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
Where: The Manhood Peninsula, West Sussex
When: All year
Commitment: Flexible, according to availability and events programme
Why we need you:
To assist the Community Conservation Officer and other team members in raising the profile of the MWHG, growing awareness of our work in encouraging and supporting people from across the Manhood Peninsula to participate in wildlife conservation activities.
A volunteer Events Team Leader, to coordinate and support the voluntary Events Team, is essential for the MWHG to attend and/or run a wide variety of local events, increasing opportunities for learning and engagement.
What’s in it for you:
This is an excellent chance to make a genuine contribution to conserving wildlife and heritage and inspiring others. You will learn about the work of the MWHG, have the flexibility to volunteer when and where suits you, be part of a friendly team and have the opportunity to put your skills to use as well as develop new ones.
- Communicating with, and coordinating, the volunteer Events Assistants to attend local events.
- Supporting the voluntary Events Team, being their main point of contact, ensuring timely communications and providing a leadership presence at events.
- Providing an enthusiastic and welcoming presence, proactively engaging with the public.
- Ensuring safe setting up and setting down of event equipment including gazebos and displays.
- Being the face of the MWHG, running events and encouraging participation in event activities, such as trails, quizzes and pond dipping.
- Developing knowledge of the work of the MWHG, be able to promote this to event visitors and complete enquiry forms for potential new volunteers and/or members.
- Communicating with staff and other volunteers to provide event feedback.
- Assist with any other duties as reasonably requested.
Training and expenses: All volunteers will receive appropriate training and out-of pocket expenses will be reimbursed as necessary
Contact: Leanne Clements, Community Conservation Project Officer
T: 07798 618575
All these arrangements are binding in honour only and not intended to be legally binding.
The Manhood Wildlife & Heritage Group is a local charity working to care for and celebrate the wildlife and heritage of the Manhood Peninsula.
Good ambassador for MWHG
|Excellent organisational skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Effective and proactive communicator
|Experience of remote/home working
Experience of working with teams and volunteers
|Experience of team / volunteer management|
|Keen to learn
Used to working on own initiative
Ability to deal sensitively and professionally with personnel issues
|Confident in engagement with diverse audiences|
|Personality||Positive and enthusiastic
Approachable and friendly
Sensitive and tactful
|Interests||Committed to the conservation of our natural heritage||Local knowledge of and interest in community activity across the Manhood Peninsula|
|Attendance at events across the Manhood Peninsula as required
This role may involve standing for long periods, some lifting and being outdoors
Driving license and vehicle
The Manhood Wildlife & Heritage Group is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes all applications for volunteer roles.