Wildlife Survey Day: Pond Dip, Bat Walk and Pizza!
July 24 @ 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Join FLOW project Field Officer, Chris, on Wednesday July 24th for a day of pond dipping, species recording, bat walking and pizza at Spire Cottage Pond, in Hunston. Any time you can give to either survey (or all three!) is greatly appreciated and will help us monitor population changes and movements of wildlife in the area. Please let our organisers know in advance that you will be attending, plus your pizza flavour preference, via the contact form below as this helps them plan for catering needs and tool requirements for the day.
Directions- From Chichester, take the B2145 into Hunston Village and turn left into Church Lane. Please park next to St Leodegar’s church and walk to the pond, which is opposite Spire Cottage B&B, Church Ln, Hunston, Chichester PO20 1AJ
- Meet the FLOW team at 2pm, ready for pond dipping from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm. Please bring waders, water proofs and or wellington boots if possible.
- From 4pm to 5pm, pizza will be provided – please use the contact form below to let our organiser know your pizza preferences, in advance.
- A species survey of the site will begin at 5.30 pm until 7 pm. Please bring id sheets and id books, if possible.
- The team will break for Tea and Coffee between 7.30 pm and 8.15 pm.
- Finally, our evening bat walk will begin at 8.30 pm until the end of the event, at 10 pm. Please bring warm clothing and if possible, bring head torches and clip boards.