- This event has passed.
Wildlife Survey Day: Pond Dip, Bat Walk and Pizza!
August 23, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Join FLOW project Field Officer, Chris, on Friday August 23rd for a day of pond dipping, species recording, bat walking and pizza at Willow Glen in Sidlesham. Any time you can give to either survey (or all three!) is greatly appreciated and will help us monitor population changes and movements of wildlife in the area. Please let our organisers know in advance that you will be attending, plus your pizza flavour preference, via the contact form below as this helps them plan for catering needs and tool requirements for the day.
Willow Glen Pond, B2145 Sidlesham PO20 7QZ
Directions: Taking the B2145 Selsey Road heading South, after passing the Esso petrol garage on the right, look out for a hi-vis jacket on a fence post along the right site of the road which will mark the pond’s location. The pond is adjacent to the B2145 road, opposite to the left turn into Rookery lane. Park along Rookery lane.
- Meet the FLOW team at 2pm, ready for the species survey from 2:15 pm to 3:30 pm. Please bring waders, waterproofs and or wellington boots if possible.
- From 3:30pm till 4pm, we will break for tea and cake.
- Pond dipping will start at 4pm and finish at 5:30pm.
- At 6 pm pizza will be provided– please use the contact form below to let our organiser know your pizza preferences and dietary requirements, in advance.
- Finally, our evening bat walk will begin at 7:30 pm until the end of the event, at 10 pm. Please bring warm clothing and if possible, bring head torches and clip boards.